RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Rules

Houserule Bodypart Hitpoints (including bodypart armor)

Rules forum for TC. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by Maug » 13 Jun 2018, 09:52

Hi all

Anyone have some input on how we could introduce bodypart hitpoints on Trudvang Chronicles? Currently I'm considering using the basic hitpoint setup from Trudvang, but if i pug that directly into the old DoD bodpart hitpoint calculator, the bodypart hitpoints seem rather low. And the 1d20 roll to see which bodypart is hit also seem off for me, that there is a difference to hit various parts whether your, ranged, defending or not, etc. and how much of a modifier should there be to aim at a specific part is also bugging me... Let me hear your thoughts.

Best regards
Maug
Maug

by Garra » 25 Jun 2018, 15:09

I've mentioned this before, but I'm using the 2006 rules for bodyparts, what edition are you using? In this systemthe chest has the same HP as the total, arms and head has half the total HP, and the stomach and legs has the total HP/1,5 hit points. For example, a character with 30 Total HP has 15 Hp in arms and legs, 30 hp in the chest, and 20 Hp in the stomach and legs.

The crucial rule part of using bodypart hitpoints is that when a body part other than the chest is down on zero hitpoints, you roll on the critical injury table to decide the consequences.

It doesn't neccessarily means that the arm is chopped off (but it could), but it always means that combat will be significantly harder from now on, and the character hast started to bleed out ,taking 1 hitpoint damage every turn from the character's total hitpoints until he/she's been treated or dies. The character dies when it he or she has taken 1 more than the total number of hitpoints. So essentially, a 30HP character can technically survive taking a 31 damage hit to the arm(though it will most certainly loose the arm, and will need immediate medical treatment to survive), or die instantly to a 31 damage hit to the chest.

I only know the rules from the 2006 edition, but in this edition the Bodypart hit table isn't different depending on defending, ranged attacks etc, but from the size and shape of the creature.

To aim for a certain body part in DoD Trudvang 2006 ed., you spend 4 Combat points/1 number on the D20 towards the preferd body part.
Garra

by Maug » 03 Jul 2018, 09:17

I only have Trudvang Chronicles but played DoD (1st edition i think) where bodypart hitpoints was in, and when I look at those charts i couldn't make it work. So the next question is.... How do i get hold of a DoD Trudvang 2006 rulebook?
Maug

by Garra » 03 Jul 2018, 22:20

Maug wrote:I only have Trudvang Chronicles but played DoD (1st edition i think) where bodypart hitpoints was in, and when I look at those charts i couldn't make it work. So the next question is.... How do i get hold of a DoD Trudvang 2006 rulebook?

I think the best places for you to search is the facebook group "Köp/sälj/byt/skänk Rollspel", posting in the sale forum section at rollspel.nu, and keeping an eye at the rpg section at tradera.se. They do come up for sale from every other month, and with a bit of luck you can get it reasonably cheap. It should be a set of two books, Trudvangs stigar and Trudvangs hjältar (essentially the same divide as the GM's guide and the Players' guide), and I think it's wise to get both of them!
Garra

Return to Rules