RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Rules

Thuul Forging

Rules forum for TC. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by Oluf » 25 Apr 2018, 09:02

The second cost is the number of Divinity points which are necessary to activate a specific level of a rune. This means that if you want to activate a level 3 rune there should be at least 3 Divinity Points locked inside the object and tied to a specific rune to activate the rune once.

(...)

This means that a single sacred object can hold no more than 30 Divinity Points (for a Thuul with maximum levels in the relevant discipline/specialties), which corresponds to two runes of power with five levels each.

(...)

A sacred object is inscribed with two runes. One rune costs 3 Divinity Points to activate and has 9 Divinity Points linked to it. The second rune costs 5 Divinity Points to activate and has 5 Divinity Points linked to it. This means that the first rune can be activated three times per day (3 x 3), but the second rune can be­activated only once per day since it costs 5 Divinity Points to activate and has only 5 Divinity Points linked to it.

Maybe I'm dim (haha!), but this doesn't add up for me.

If the minimum divinity points needed to activate a level 5 rune is 5, why can't you inscribe more than two level 5 runes into a single object when your skills are maxed out?

Hypothetical example: 6 level 5 runes that can be used once per day, or one level 5 rune that can be used 6 times per day if you can lock in 30 divinity points.
Oluf

by Trudvang » 26 Apr 2018, 14:58

Hey!
It says in the given example: two runes of power with five levels each. The way I understand it is:
Level 1 (1 Divinity Point)
Level 2 (2 Divinity Points)
Level 3 (3 Divinity Points)
Level 4 (4 Divinity Points)
Level 5 (5 Divinity Points)

So that is 15 Divinity Points for one rune of power with five (different) levels or 30 Divinity Points for two runes of power with five (different) levels. Hope this helps?
Trudvang

Return to Rules