RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Rules

Combat points for creatures, "natural weapon" etc

Rules forum for TC. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by Garra » 24 Feb 2018, 16:05

I have a question specifically for when I'm designing non-humanoid creatures. I'm wondering if there are any rules concerning natural weapons like bites, claws and similar things? I have only the Player's handbook and the Game master's guide at the moment, maybe there is a segment of this in the Beastiary?

For example, in the Game master's guide (combat sample) on page 52 the combat points of the injured Skoll is divided as this: free cp: 10, Natural weapon (Bite 14, Claw 10). Is the 14 and 10 cp for these natural weapons just for the GM to come up with? Can it use the 10 free cp to parry? And on that subject, does natural weapons have any restrictions concerning weapon actions other than the size of the creature?
Garra

by Mugge » 27 Feb 2018, 23:20

I believe I saw somewhere in Jorgi's Beastiary or game masters guide that claws and bite were pretty much the same as unarmed combat, so if you parry an attack with a claw only half the damage is taken.

Also I believe to have seen under 'giant snake shape' that for the bite you are using unarmed fighting for attacks

bite/claw/gore is only for attack/parries..
Frees can be used for attacks/parries/movement/faints/etc (only limited by how you as GM means they are capable of)

I found on a few big creatures (a few wyrms) that they had the impossible bonus of 13-14 in a bite or claw without counting frees (which I did believe is that if you are the creator of a new creature or the like, should be free to make em as you se fit)
Mugge

by Garra » 01 Mar 2018, 01:09

Mugge wrote:I believe I saw somewhere in Jorgi's Beastiary or game masters guide that claws and bite were pretty much the same as unarmed combat, so if you parry an attack with a claw only half the damage is taken.

Also I believe to have seen under 'giant snake shape' that for the bite you are using unarmed fighting for attacks

bite/claw/gore is only for attack/parries..
Frees can be used for attacks/parries/movement/faints/etc (only limited by how you as GM means they are capable of)

I found on a few big creatures (a few wyrms) that they had the impossible bonus of 13-14 in a bite or claw without counting frees (which I did believe is that if you are the creator of a new creature or the like, should be free to make em as you se fit)

Thank you for your answers =) The Beastiary was indeed of some help too.
Garra

Return to Rules