RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Rules

Quality and Open Rolls / Range for Pistols/Rifles

Rules forum for LexOccultum. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by TIE » 10 Jan 2019, 17:34

Hey,

I got two small questions about the rules. I hope someone can help me.

1. Quality and Open Rolls

On Page 103 of the Book "Alter Ego" is written:

Wounds caused by weapons "...The chance of an open roll depends on whether the weapon is improvised, light or heavy, and the quality."

I didnt find any rules how the quality modify´s the open roll (light/heavy/improvised are clear and statet in the chart)?

2. Range for Firearms

Is it right that Handguns fires around 18m at its best and Rifles 60m? It feels a little bit short. The full damage range is only half as long!?

Wiki says the effective Range for the Brown Bess are around 100y (91m) and the maximum Range 300y (275m). Thats a lot more the the guns in the rules section have.
TIE

by Mepmapu » 15 Jan 2019, 16:00

Yeah, the quality element seems a bit ... under-developed, and added as an after-thought.

But you're correct, it doesn't seem to affect damage at all, except effective range, but the OR is unaffected by quality.

The addition of decent+ and excellent+ qualities on pager 96 adds to the confusion of what qualities do.

Concerning range. You seem to have it right. I don't know too much about this effective range business, but I'm sure they have their reasons - or have forgotten a zero somewhere. :P

I'd easily double the ranges of the rifles, I mean, look at the light crossbow's range.
Mepmapu

by TIE » 28 Jan 2019, 17:13

Hey Mepmapu,

thanks for your reply.

I solve it like that:

The high quality weapons got one lower OR, they are sharper or use ammunition that is heavier for more powerful hits (something like that), so its easier to do damage with them. I think thats okay.

I simplify the range for firearms.

All pistols have 25/50 (full/halve damage)
All Rifles have 90/275
All Muskets have 30/60

With the OM modifier it looks okay and I dont need to look for the different ranges all the time.
TIE

by Mepmapu » 04 Feb 2019, 11:12

That's a nice solution.

I think I'll adjust range with quality (it makes sense to me), but perhaps introduce quality ammo too - that way you can adjust the OR.

I like your ranges. I will steal. :)
Mepmapu

Return to Rules