RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Produkter och Releaser / Products and Releases

Actual number of books

by Brynjard » 30 Jul 2017, 08:23

Hi!

As I was reading the website today i came across the riotshop were you have a sale for "the whole bundle" of Trudvang wich contains four books and the players handbook contains chapters on magic and religion. During the kickstarter we reached a stretchgoal
that gave us 2 additional books, one for magic and one for religion.

So I'm guessing (and hoping) that we who backed the kickstarter will still get six books as promised and that all who buys it will get four books?
Spelleder: Vildhjarta med DoD Trudvang och Mutant: År noll.

Spelar: Virannsk dulgadråpare med onlinetjänsten (SL:s egna kampanj i Vastermark).
Brynjard

by Magnus » 31 Jul 2017, 10:01

Yes
Players handbook retail version contains both magic and faith (1 book).
Kickstarters get Players, Weavers of Vitner and Dimwalkers (3 books).
Magnus
Allsmäktig

by phendran » 03 Sep 2017, 18:33

Magnus wrote:Yes
Players handbook retail version contains both magic and faith (1 book).
Kickstarters get Players, Weavers of Vitner and Dimwalkers (3 books).

Wait a bit.

Does that mean that there are two books that cannot be bought at all by those who did not back the Kickstarter?
Even if I buy the "Complete Bundle" I won't get those?

Do these two books contain additional rules? Lore?
Are they artbooks?
phendran

by Storm » 05 Sep 2017, 16:52

That's correct. Only backers get those two extra books and some high magic spells and magic items. As for the rules they will all be included in the retail version of the collected single volume books, except magic item creation and summoning of demons.

No, just kidding. ;) As I understand it, the collected retail version is identical content-wise to the kickstarter separate volumes. The only benefit of the kickstarter is having more books with beautiful covers and Hardbacks. And it's easier to split the books between players of different character types. So you are not missing out on anything in particular.
Storm

by phendran » 05 Sep 2017, 17:20

Storm wrote:No, just kidding. ;) As I understand it, the collected retail version is identical content-wise to the kickstarter separate volumes. The only benefit of the kickstarter is having more books with beautiful covers and Hardbacks. And it's easier to split the books between players of different character types. So you are not missing out on anything in particular.

Phew.
I do hope that is the case.
phendran

by Storm » 05 Sep 2017, 19:04

Really I think you don't need to worry! It would make absolutely no sense to include lore or rules in the kickstarter that is omitted in the retail version of the game. The only possibility in factual differences might be these two from stretch goals from the kickstarter:

1 - additional art.
2 - short stories strewn across the separate books

both things are not truly necessary for the enjoyment of the game and only add moderate value of immersion but will drop the page-count significantly so a single volume instead of three is more easily realized.

But this is just a guess! However I'm pretty sure that you will not miss anything of the essential stuff (rules and factual background)!
Storm

Return to Produkter och Releaser / Products and Releases