RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

World and Inspiration

Novels?

A forum for the game world of Trudvang. All discussions regarding Trudvang and questions should be asked here.

by Matt13 » 28 May 2016, 22:39

I really love this setting! Are their any novels about it or similar to it?
Matt13

by Ciutar » 29 May 2016, 20:48

There is one called "Sagan om Noihvo" (the tale of Noihvo) but it's in Swedish. As far as I know there's nothing directly related to Trudvang published in printed form in English, but if you don't mind reading something digital you can check out "Yet Another Adventure" (http://ciutar.deviantart.com/art/Yet-Another-Adventure-Volume-1-380946441), written and sometimes illustrated by yours truly. It started as a way to record the adventures of one of my role-playing groups, and has since gotten a bit out of hand lengthwise, so I suppose it could basically be called a novel by now. It's all published on DeviantArt, with more episodes popping up as I finish them, and you can find links to the previous and next "chapter" in the description right at the bottom of every episode.

Just a few disclaimers if you're interested in trying it:

The first ten-ish episodes contain mild spoilers for the adventure "Vildhjarta" since that was the first adventure we played together. I don't believe it's enough to ruin it, but if you've never played it I would recommend doing so before starting reading. Since the events of the sequel "Snösaga" hasn't taken place in this "universe" the rest of the episodes are completely spoiler free, though!

Also, even with a world as fleshed out as Trudvang, necessity (and sometimes rampaging creativity) occasionally demand that I come up with concepts, foreign words and general quirks to fatten it even more. I use the established lore as far as I can, and when I do invent stuff I try to stay true to the "feeling" of the different cultures, but be warned that not everything you encounter in my writing can be considered canon.

Finally, this is very much a work in progress. Some episodes are more polished than others and as English isn't my native language there might be some minor "bugs" here and there despite triple proofreadings. I've also been known to revisit old episodes for minor adjustments (nothing that changes the story though!).

If you do decide to try it, I wish you much enjoyment! :D

/Ciutar
Ciutar

by Matt13 » 09 Jun 2016, 21:20

Thanks for this! I will definitely check this out.
Matt13

Return to World and Inspiration