RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Rules

Combat Points/Capacity

Rules forum for TC. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by Jarlhen » 21 Feb 2016, 22:11

I haven't played this version of Trudvang in quite a long time now. So I had a pretty basic question to help me get my mind around combat once more.

Take Bob the fighter as an example, numbers are combat points, he's maxed out all levels:

Fighting: 10
(D) Armed Fighting 5
(S) One-handed Heavy Weapon (Right): 10
(S) Shield Bearer: 10
(D )Battle Experience: 5
(S) Combat Actions: 10
(S) Fighter:10

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. He has a total of 5 points locked to armed combat, 10 points locked to shield, and 10 points locked to heavy weapons. Beyond that he has 35 free points to distribute however he wishes. Is this a correct interpretation?

Combat actions and Fighter might seem a little bit loose in their formulation, or perhaps they're just worded correctly:

The Combat Actions specialty allows a person to perform combat actions almost effortlessly in combat. The specialty gives +2 combat points per level, which are for a person's role in combat, such as using weapons, standing up or combat movement.

And for Fighter:

The person has been in battle many times and learned a lot from this, both how to fight and how to attempt risky things. The person receives an additional +2 combat points per level to distribute on his/her combat actions in melee during a battle round.

Do the two of them essentially do the same thing? Not at all a complaint, I'm just making sure I understand it correctly. It makes sense so that people can bump up their CP for multiple attacks/actions/movement/etc.
Jarlhen

by Magnus » 21 Feb 2016, 22:49

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. He has a total of 5 points locked to armed combat, 10 points locked to shield, and 10 points locked to heavy weapons. Beyond that he has 35 free points to distribute however he wishes. Is this a correct interpretation?

Almost..
The ten from combat actions are used for combat maneuvers.
The ten from the Fighter specialty should be used for attacks and parries.
So he got 15 CP left to distribute however he wishes...

The combat actions and the fighter specialties:

The points from combat actions are used for all maneuvers in combat that costs combat points. The points from fighter are used on attacks and parries.

/Magnus
Magnus
Allsmäktig

by MrRollespill » 08 Apr 2016, 22:49

Just to be sure i have this understood:
If a warrior has maxed out its stats like above.
And it uses up all its locked points (e.i. what is in the speciality shield & heavy weapon) for one attack and one block. What will the points be in the two?
Will it be:
25 in heavy weapon (fighting+armed fighting+heavy weapon)
25 inshield (fighting+armed fighting+shield)
or
15 in heavy weapons (armed fighting+heavy weapon)
15 in shield (armed fighting+shield)
or
10 in heavy weapons (heavy weapon)
10 in shield (shield)

what im trying to make sense of is if any of the stats fighting or armed fighting count double for both hands.

And how many points is left for a second attack or parry e.g. from points in battle battle experience & fighter(also add any of fighting+armed fighting if they don't count double for both hands)

I use the swedish books so sorry if any of the skills have the wrong name, just guessing from what is posted above.
MrRollespill

by Splinterbox » 22 Apr 2016, 21:55

Hi, I find the combat rules unclear here.

There are combat 'actions' and combat 'maneuvers'

Basic combat actions are all types of actions that a character can use during an action round, such as attacking someone, parrying an attack, or moving.

The example given by Magnus

(D) Armed Fighting 5
(S) One-handed Heavy Weapon: 10
(S) Shield Bearer: 10
(D )Battle Experience: 5
(S) Combat Actions: 10 The ten from combat actions are used for combat maneuvers
(S) Fighter:10 The ten from the Fighter specialty should be used for attacks and parries

So he got 15 CP left to distribute however he wishes...

The combat actions and the fighter specialties:

The points from combat actions are used for all maneuvers in combat that costs combat points.
The points from fighter are used on attacks and parries.

Is this right:

This character has 25 combat points to spend on attacks, parries and normal movement (Armed Fighting 5, One hand Heavy weapon 10 and Fighter 10)

That leaves 10 points for combat maneuvers (cannot to be used for attack or parry) and 5 points from Battle Experience for combat maneuvers (cannot to be used for attack or parry)

Thanks for any help
Splinterbox

by Splinterbox » 28 Apr 2016, 03:54

Hi Magnus, if your explanation is correct then the rules are not clear or wrong. This really needs some clarification please.

You say:
The points from combat actions are used for all maneuvers in combat that costs combat points.

Rules say:
Combat Actions (Specialty)
The Combat Actions specialty allows a person to perform combat actions almost effortlessly in combat.
The specialty gives +2 combat points per level, which are for a person's role in combat, such as **using weapons**, standing up or combat movement.

You say:
The points from fighter are used on attacks and parries.

Rules say:
Combat Capacity
A character's minimum combat capacity is equivalent with the skill value in the Fighting skill. If the character has a skill value of 10 in Fighting, the character has at least 10 combat points.

Basic combat actions
Basic combat actions are all types of actions that a character can use during an action round, such as attacking someone, parrying an attack, **or moving**.

Fighting
The Fighting skill is a person's ability in various forms of combat, ranging from wrestling and fist fights to armed melee and use of ranged weapons. For every skill value a person obtains in this skill, the person's ability to use projectiles and weapons, fighting with hands or feet, or wrestling increases.
The skill in its basic form, without any disciplines, is simple.
* A person can use combat points to perform** combat actions** each battle round.
Splinterbox

by Magnus » 04 Sep 2016, 10:59

Ahhh Sorry theres been an translation error under the COMBAT ACTIONS Specialty.
I was reading from the Swedish version when I explained above!

I Will correct it immediately!

Combat Actions

Level 1-5: SV +2/level
The Combat Actions specialty allows a person to perform combat actions almost effortlessly in combat. The specialty gives +2 combat points per level, which are for a person's role in combat, such as ( using ) DRAW your weapon, standing up or combat movement.

Hope this will clarify the rules for you??
/Magnus
Magnus
Allsmäktig

by Splinterbox » 04 Sep 2016, 20:34

Thank you, Magnus that does help a lot.

I've backed the Kickstarter for the printed rules and I am excited to see the books finished.

The Kickstarter has been a huge success already, well done to everyone at RiotMinds :D
Splinterbox

by Splinterbox » 25 Sep 2016, 21:03

Hi,

Just going over this again and I think it would help to add something like the highlighted comment I have put in.

Combat Actions
The Combat Actions specialty allows a person to perform combat actions almost effortlessly in combat (This does not apply to attacks/parries). The specialty gives +2 combat points per level, which are for a person's role in combat, such as draw weapons, standing up or combat movement.
Splinterbox

by Magnus » 26 Sep 2016, 05:29

Consider it done!

/M
Magnus
Allsmäktig

by Splinterbox » 26 Sep 2016, 12:36

That's great Magnus,

Could you do something similar with the Fighter speciality. It think that these two changes will make it a lot clearer.

Fighter

The person has been in battle many times and learned a lot from this, both how to attack and defend. The person receives an additional +2 combat points per level to distribute on their attacks/parries in melee during a battle round.
Splinterbox

Next

Return to Rules