RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Rules

Trudvang Chronicles Early Access

Rules forum for TC. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by Theo » 21 Feb 2016, 15:12

Hi all, early access is now out in the air. Feel free to drop any question, big or small about the game here, should you be new to the setting.

/Theo
Theo

by Lobst5r » 25 Feb 2016, 01:11

Hello, Theo! I hope you'll forgive me, I was uncertain whether this was the right place to post these questions, or rather to start a new thread? Not only am I new to Trudvang, but I am also ignorant of most forum etiquette :?

I have purchased the Campaign Commander and Toolkit and have been perusing these to get a feel for the game, and I noticed some references to creatures that do not seem to be fleshed out in much detail beyond these references.

For example, in the Bestiary, under the Troll category, there mentions Goblins and that they are derivatives generations of Trolls, yet there is no mention of Goblin statistics, abilities, etc. Another example, there are several references throughout several books regarding a variety of Trolls - Hill, Forest, Grey - yet there doesn't seem to be any body of text that explains these distinctions, whether in behavior, ability, statistics, etc.

I've investigated some of these references by using the Search feature but they just don't seem to be there. Are there other books that I should explore?

Thank you for your help! I'm excited to learn more about the world of Trudvang!

Edit: Also, are there any world maps available for viewing?
Lobst5r

by Theo » 25 Feb 2016, 09:13

Hi Lobs5er,

Yeah, you are dam right about that. It's a bit of a slip though we released the bestiary in the Swedish version together with the game. All those creatures will be available in the english version too. Planned release for the monster book is May/June so bare with us.

Maps will be available too in each world setting module, however I'll see if we somehow can squeeze in a map of the continent somehow. It should be there too of course.

Thanks for giving it a try and don't hesitate to ask any question you like should you have any!

Cheers
Theo
Theo

by Lobst5r » 25 Feb 2016, 15:46

Thank you, Theo! It's no problem for me, I'm still reading through the books and learning the system.

I do have another question. In the book regarding spellweaving, there is an example that explains how a character can sacrifice their BP (doubled) and use that amount to add to their VP for the sake of improving their spellweaving accuracy (+/- other modifiers).

In the example it describes a character who sacrifices all of their remaining BP and weaves the spell to the effect that it leaves that character with -26 BP.

So my question is, after looking through the section on damage, if a character were to sacrifice, or lose through another source, such a massive amount of health, is there a rule or circumstance that would prevent any first aid from being administered to that player?

In the section on damage it describes an example in which a player may have gone below 0 BP and has to roll a save to save the last flicker of life, but is there a threshold by which a character would not even have a chance to roll a save?
Lobst5r

by Magnus » 25 Feb 2016, 23:28

Lobst5r wrote:
Edit: Also, are there any world maps available for viewing?

Hi Lobst5er!
Have a look at the campaign commander and the chapter campaign... Ahh what the heck.. here is a link to it:https://online.riotminds.com/book/campaign_commander/terrains_and_environments there you will find a map of Trudvang

/Magnus
Magnus
Allsmäktig

by Lobst5r » 25 Feb 2016, 23:55

Ah! Thank you Magnus, I totally overlooked it.

My bad!
Lobst5r

Return to Rules