RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

Rules

Ask the author: The Elven Horn

Rules forum for TC. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by MaxHerngren » 20 Feb 2016, 17:32

Hello everyone!

So, today Trudvang Chronicles was released (yay)! With the game comes the adventure "The Elven Horn" which I wrote and designed. If anyone has any questions regarding the adventure or if anything is unclear, please don't hesitate to ask me here. I will do my best to answer any comments, questions or concerns that you might have.

Cheers!
Better is it to listen to the string that broke than to never draw a bow
MaxHerngren

by Shanerozzell » 07 Sep 2016, 16:26

Hi,
Could you give me a brief synopsis of the adventure? I really interested in the game and I am backing the current KS.
Shanerozzell

by MaxHerngren » 07 Sep 2016, 20:27

Shanerozzell wrote:Hi,
Could you give me a brief synopsis of the adventure? I really interested in the game and I am backing the current KS.

Greetings Shanerozzel!

Firstly, thank you for backing the kickstarter. It's so great to see so many of you supporting this project.

As for a synopsis of the adventure I'll try to give you a little something without spoiling too much :)

East of Edras, in the land of Soj, rises from the Althissea an island spoken of in myth: Ymradas, called “the giant’s garden” by the illmalaini. Many years ago, when the lives of elves stretched beyond the count of men or dwarves, there dwelled on Ymradas a forest giant named Ymenos. Many say that it was Ymenos himself that once upon a time raised the island from the roaring seas, although no one can know such a thing for certain. It is only told in the ancient legends of the star elves that the giant Ymenos has lived on the island Ymradas for as long as the stars have shone on the heavens of Trudvang. Ymenos cared for the forests and all who dwelt there and in all the time that he wandered beneath the canopies of Ymradas there was perfect harmony between all peoples of that island and there was no hate nor war. Until the shadow came. The shadow from the depths of the five worlds.

Pull up a stool by the hearth and have your blade ready, for you are about to embark on an adventure of special sorts! The Elven Horn is an adventure for Trudvang Chronicles that introduces players and game masters to Soj, the archipelago home of the elves. The adventure includes a detailed description of a new island in Soj that is not covered in any other book: Ymradas. Herein is detailed its geography, flora, fauna, history and legends.

So embark upon an adventure into the deepest of mysteries. Into the realms of the dead and the kingdoms of the unborn to face one of the greatest evils that Trudvang has ever suffered. Will you take up the task? Will you brave the icy waters of the Althissea? Will you travel into the south and wander where no man has ever set foot before? Will you take up the quest for the elven horn?

Not sure if that gives you a good idea or not, I hope you will enjoy Trudvang Chronicles when you get your hands on it :)
Better is it to listen to the string that broke than to never draw a bow
MaxHerngren

by Shanerozzell » 07 Sep 2016, 21:48

Thanks for your reply and I'm really looking forward to getting the game. :)
Shanerozzell

by Hangfire » 01 Jan 2018, 19:07

I'm new to Trudvang and still trying to get a hang on how the game should be run. Every game has a play style that works best for the rules. Okay, my question - this adventure, and Wildheart as well, call for the characters to be experienced, does that mean the players should be starting off with 700 point characters? I'm used to games where the characters start out at lower level (as it were) and work their way to higher power. We don't seem to have a low power adventure to get our feet wet with this game.
Hangfire

by Storm » 02 Jan 2018, 12:36

A „low power“ introductory adventure is about to come out soon. It’s in final production stages and should wet your appetite. As for Wildheart it can be played with low level characters but you should carefully review the groups hero-composition. Apart from that it rather requires a bit experienced players. New players to rpgs might find it too challenging.
Storm

by Hangfire » 02 Jan 2018, 15:09

Thanks, Strom. The guys I play with have all been playing RPG's for decades - we've been playing as a group for over ten years.

My concern is my ability, as the GM, to alter the encounters to suit their power level. I'm not sure that I know the game well enough to do that or know what to look for in a creature that will make it a party killer. If the adventure needs characters to be built from 700 points I'm fine with that. It would be easier if the adventure just said that plainly - like D&D stating that an adventure is for characters level 8-10.

We're going to be starting Wildheart this Friday, so I might just get them to up their characters to a higher build point total and see how it goes.
Hangfire

Return to Rules