RiotMinds forum

Officiellt forum för Trudvang, Drakar och Demoner & Götterdämerung. Official forum for Trudvang Chronicles

sell me on trudvang

Rules forum for TC. All discussions regarding rules and questions should be asked here.

by heathd666 » 23 Sep 2016, 01:30

so i get the rules roll under your trait + skill + or - advantage / disadvantage (or your version of this) and roll a d20 and get under the target number. or basically get the basic of the rules. so sell me on why i should get this system and adventure in this world. what is different about it versus any other fantasy game. why should i join this kickstarter?

i get the books look beautiful but i couldnt find some things like are the books full color? are the pages flat or glossy? what are the estimated page counts of the books? how does combat go? is it like dnd 3.5 or more like savage worlds. is it a crunchy system (Fragged Empires) or a rules light system (FATE). my particular group has 6 to 7 people playing and a game master for most any system with the exception of savage worlds this causes combat to drag on dramatically. how does this compare? for the bad guys do you have bosses (comparable to 2 or 3 player characters, leutenients (comparable to 1 player character) and mooks (where 1 player character can take out 3 or 4 by himself). or ? im sure i will have more questions but these are they main ones that always seem to be consistant with my group. with only nine days left of the kickstarter i appreciate the time you take to answer everyones questions

by doofstructor » 23 Sep 2016, 20:04

I'm in the same boat. I posted a reply yesterday, but it looks like the mods deleted it. (And nuked my account?!?)

I simply linked to a reddit conversation of someone familiar with the system that indicated combat was excessively fiddly and required the GM to do a high amount of bookkeeping to manage. Think it was the action point requirements for skills and disciplines and specializations combined with the inherent combat points associated with various weapons. Does sound pretty crunchy, to me.

I'm a sucker for Norse/Celtic stuff, but I'm not sure I want this level of complexity. I'm pretty happy the market seems to be embracing a streamlined/less crunchy approach to rulesets.

by Thorgarth » 23 Sep 2016, 20:25

Hence why I posted in another thread here asking for a comprehensive combat example. So far without any luck... I´m not that worried about crunch. Hell, I prefer crunchy systems, IF there are logical, consistent and systematic about how mechanics and rules interact. So far I just don´t know how that is accomplished, and unless I find out I won´t back the KS.

by ziox » 27 Sep 2016, 16:14

Example of a three round combat featuring spells:
Spelleder: Game of Trudvang

by heathd666 » 27 Sep 2016, 22:19

@ ziox thanks for the time and effort to put this together. to me it sounds like this is a little rules heavy game (clunky?) and for me that's kind of a turn off. after you play it for some time i would imagine that combat flows very well and probably pretty fluid. thanks again for the time you put in to the example in order to give myself and some others a better look at the system.

Return to Rules